Bakers Dolphin Coach travel & holidays - Payment and conditions of Coach Hire
1. QUOTATIONS - All quotations are given subject to the company having available a suitable vehicle at the time the hirer accepts the quotation. Quotations are valid for 28 days unless otherwise notified.
2. PAYMENT -A deposit of 10% of the hire fee (minimum £20) is payable on booking the coach with the balance due 14 days before the date of the hire unless the Company has agreed in writing to vary this condition. If payment has been agreed by Bank Transfer, we will require notification of when this has been made. When booking a double deck executive coach, a 10% non refundable/non transferable deposit is payable on booking to secure this size of coach – final payment being due as per our normal terms unless otherwise agreed.
3. CANCELLATION BY HIRER - If the hirer wishes to cancel or amend any agreement, the following scale of charges will apply in relation to the total hire charge. 14 days or more before - No charge (with the exception of the non refundable/non transferable deposit if hiring the executive double deck coach), 8 – 14 days - 10% of hire, 3 – 7 days - 25% of hire, 1 – 2 days - 50% of hire, Day of hire - Minimum of 85% of hire, Arrival of coach at departure point - 100% of hire.
4. CANCELLATION DUE TO INCLEMENT WEATHER CONDITIONS will be charged as above. Theatre/Concert tickets already purchased are not refundable. Accommodation, Meals etc arranged on your behalf by our company may be liable for a cancellation charge.
5. CANCELLATION BY COMPANY - In the event of an emergency or an action by the Hirer to vary the agreed conditions, the Company may return all monies paid and without further liability cancel the Contract
6. DRIVER’S HOURS AND REST PERIODS - The Driver’s hours or driving and rest periods are strictly controlled and the current regulations must be complied with. The Company will agree the hours of operation of the hire and these MUST be observed.
7. SEATING CAPACITY - The maximum number of passengers allowed on the vehicle is indicated on the vehicle. No standing passengers allowed. Drivers will not carry any extra passengers over the seating capacity of the vehicle.
8. ANIMALS will not be carried on any vehicle, except Guide Dogs.9.
9. VARIATION OF HIRE - If the vehicle is detained late by the Hirer or used for a longer journey than that contracted for, the Company will make an extra charge.
10. CONDUCT OF PASSENGERS - The Driver is responsible for the safety of the vehicle. Any passengers whose conduct is in breach of statutory regulations will be removed on the Driver’s authority. The Hirer will be responsible for all damages caused to the vehicle by passengers during the hiring
11. PROPERTY - The Company will not accept liability for any damage or loss of any property, which belongs to any passengers and is left on a vehicle. Any articles of found property recovered from a vehicle will be held at the Depot from where the vehicle is based and may be collected from there.
12. CHANGE OF VEHICLE - The Company may provide a larger vehicle than the size hired at no additional charge of the same standard as per the booking. The Company reserves the right to hire another Coach Operator to cover the hire.
13. BREAKDOWN/DELAY - The Company gives advice on journey times in good faith, but does not guarantee the completion of a journey at a specific time and will NOT be liable for inconvenience or loss caused by breakdown or delay.
14. AGENCY AGREEMENT - When the Company provides meals, accommodation, ferries, admission tickets and any other service provided by another Contractor, it does so as an Agent of the Hirer on his behalf. Any terms and conditions imposed by the Contractor will be binding on the Hirer as if he had directly contracted the services himself.
15. COMPLAINTS – in the event of a complaint about the Company’s services, the hirer should endeavour to seek a solution at the time by gaining assistance from the driver or Company. If this has not provided a remedy, complaints should be submitted in writing within 14 days of the termination date of hire to Mrs Helen Haskell, Coach Hire Department, 48 Locking Road, Weston-super-Mare, BS23 3DN. Complaints will be acknowledged within 1 working day and the Company will aim to resolve any complaint with 14 days of it being made.
16. RETENTION OF VEHICLE - Unless stated it should not be assumed that any vehicle will remain at the destination until time for the return journey.
17. ROUTE - The route used, unless the Hirer has advised of a particular route or places to be passed en-route, which will be specified on the confirmation letter, will be at the discretion of the Company and/or the Driver.
18. ALCOHOL AND FOOD - Under no circumstances may alcoholic drinks be carried on or consumed upon the vehicle without the express permission of the Company in writing. A refundable deposit is required when hiring a coach to a destination where alcohol is likely to be consumed. We do not permit hot food items to be consumed on our vehicles. Any other food items wishing to be brought on to the coach must be given prior authorisation.
19. SMOKING - All coaches are non-smoking. For the avoidance of doubt this also includes e-cigarettes and vapes.
20. SURCHARGES – Once a confirmation has been issued to the hirer, providing there are 30 days prior to the departure date, the company reserves the right to pass on increases in the cost of fuel, taxes imposed by the Governments of the UK and any other countries to be visited during the journey, road tolls and foreign currency. NO SURCHARGES WILL BE LEVIED WITHIN 30 DAYS OF DEPARTURE. On notification of such surcharges, the hirer may cancel the booking subject to the scale of cancellation charges shown in paragraph 3. The liability of the company will be limited to the cost of the hire and any ancillary services supplied.