Bakers Coaches Ltd trading as Bakers Dolphin Coach Travel (The Company) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. Below we have set out how we will use any personal data that we hold about you.
The Company is the data controller and is based at, 48 Locking Road Weston Super Mare BS23 3DN. The Company’s registration number is 3635902.
Legal basis for Bakers Dolphin processing customer personal data
The Company collects and uses customers’ personal data because it is necessary for:
- The pursuit of our legitimate interest (as set out below)
- The purposes of complying with our duties and exercising our rights under a contract for the sale of our products
- Complying with our legal obligations
- Where you have consented or not withdrawn your consent
In general, we only rely on consent as a legal basis for processing personal data in relation to sending direct marketing communications to customers via email. We will not send direct marketing communication to customers who have withdrawn their consent or clicked on the unsubscribe link.
The normal legal basis for processing customer data, is that it is necessary for the legitimate interests of The Company, including, but not only:
- Selling and supplying our services to the customer
- Promoting, Marketing and advertising our products and services
- Sending promotional communication which are relevant and tailored to individual customers
- Understanding our customers behaviour, activities, preferences and needs
- Improving existing products and services and developing new products and services
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations
- Handling customer contacts, queries, complaints and disputes
- Managing claims and/or disputes with the help of our CCTV recordings
The information we hold about you
Depending on the reason for contacting us we may hold the following information about you:
- Telephone number(s)
- Date of Birth
- Passport Number
- Next of kin
- Medical Information
- Encrypted credit or debit card information
Information you give to us
This is the information about you that you give us when you wish to make use of our services by filling in forms on our website or by corresponding with us by telephone, letter or email.
This will be information you have provided when you:
- Register to use our website or social media
- Request information from us
- Make a booking
- Book your travel arrangements with any 3rd party supplier i.e. Hotels – Taxis – Airlines cruise line plus any coaches that we may require hiring in
- Enter a competition
- Complete a survey
- Register a complaint about the service we have provided
Information we receive from other sources
Where relevant we may receive personal data from third parties for example:
- Business partners
- Sub-contractors of IT support systems
- Cruise lines
- Insurance companies
- Payment processors
- Debt collection and tracing agencies
- Advertising networks
- Analytics providers
- Search information providers
- Mailing Communications
How we will use your personal data
Depending on the reason for holding your data we will use the information we hold for the following purposes:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us to provide you with the information, products and services that you have requested from us.
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- To notify you about changes to our services.
- Where relevant, to monitor the financial and business affairs and trading practices of agents, prospective agents and other persons connected to the travel industry.
- To administer our website and for the internal/external operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis’s, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes.
Who we will share your information with
Where necessary or where we have the right to do so, we will share your personal information with any member of our group of companies and/or selected third parties where there is a legitimate business reason, including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for any contract we enter with them or you for the provision of services that we have agreed to provide to you.
- If you choose to register on our web site your details are processed via software provided by Distinctive Systems Limited in the United Kingdom on behalf of The Company.
- Other third-party suppliers that we work with in connection with our business.
- We share your information with selected third parties to enable the marketing of products and services provided by The Company.
- Your information may be disclosed to any successors of our business, in the event of a re-organisation, merger or sale, for them to use for the purposes as set out in this policy.
Where we share your information with third parties, we will require them to maintain appropriate security to protect your information from unauthorised access or processing, unless we have no ability to do so (for example, where we are sharing information to border agencies or enforcement authorities).
Using your data for marketing purposes
We will keep you up to date with all our latest offers, promotions and competitions that we think might be of interest to you – that is, if you have:
- Purchased services such as a Holiday/Day Excursion/Coach Hire from us and have not told us that you don’t want to hear from us.
- Signed up to receive marketing communications from us and have not later told us that you don’t want to hear from us.
Opting out or withdrawing your consent in relation to marketing
If you no longer want to hear from us, you can opt out or unsubscribe by:
- Ticking the “unsubscribe” link contained in any marketing communication that you receive from us.
- Using the “opt-out” system on our website
- By email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone on: 01934 415000
How long will we hold your personal data for?
We will keep your data for as long as it is necessary for the particular purpose or purposes for which we hold it, unless there are any legal or operational reasons to hold it for a longer period. At the end of that period the data that we hold will be securely destroyed.
Your rights in respect of the personal data we hold about you
You can ask to see a copy of the information that we hold about you and for corrections to be made to any incorrect information. We want to be as helpful as possible and, in most cases will provide the information within one month of your request.
You have the right to receive the data concerning you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format.
You can ask us to erase any data that we hold about you where one of the following grounds applies:
- The personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed.
- You withdraw your consent to the processing and there are no legal grounds for the processing.
- You object to processing on grounds relating to your situation and our legitimate grounds for processing do not override your interest.
- You object to processing for direct marketing purposes.
- The personal data has been unlawfully processed.
- The personal data must be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in Union or Member State Law to which we are the subject.
We are not required to erase your data where we need to process your data:
- For exercising the right of freedom of expression and information.
- For compliance with a legal obligation which required processing by Union or member State Law to which we are subject or for the performance of a task carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us.
- For reasons of public interest in the area of public health.
- For archiving purposes.
- For the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Where we store your personal data
We will take all reasonable steps necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this privacy notice.
The data that we collect form you may be transferred to and stored at a destination outside the European Economic Area (“EEA”). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers. This includes staff engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of your order, the processing of your payment details and the provision of support services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data and have contractual processes in place with our business partners to do this, we can’t guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site. Once we have received your information, we will use relevant procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Links from our website
Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy notices and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check the individual se policies before you submit any personal data to any external website.
Advice and Assistance
Questions, comments and requests regarding this privacy notice are welcomed and should be addressed to The Date Protection Administrator, Bakers Coaches Ltd t/a Bakers Dolphin Coach Travel, 48 Locking Road, Weston-s upper-Mare, North Somerset, BS23 3DN.
If you think that there is a problem with the way that we are handling your data and you are not satisfied with our response, then you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office. You can call their helpline on 0303 123 1133.